Plainpages.org is operated by the Center for Health Literacy (CHL) at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences. We offer plain language services to providers, health systems, health insurance industry, health agencies, and individuals in communities to address the critical need of closing the gap between the level of written/media health information and individuals’ abilities to understand and act on it.
WHAT IT COSTS
Reading Level Assessment Only:
$20 per page (a page is 250 words or less)
Assessment with Plain Language Edits:
$50 per page (a page is 250 words or less)
$100 per page (a page is 250 words or less)
For large jobs over 40 pages or special documents we recommend submitting a quote for inquiry before uploading your document.
UAMS staff/departments – receive 10% discount
Accepted forms of payment:
IDT (UAMS only)
PO (Please contact us for details)
WHAT YOU GET
Assessment includes a full readability report with the current reading level of your document and general recommendations.
Edits include plain language editing services to improve the readability of your document.
The readability level of your document before and after editing will be included.
Assessment/Edits/Spanish Translation includes assessment and plain language editing as well as Spanish translation.
You will receive one document that includes both the English plain language version and the Spanish version. If you prefer to review English documents prior to Spanish translation, please contact us to inquire about a custom quote.
- We do NOT accept Spanish documents and only assess/edit English documents.
- We do NOT accept requests for “Spanish translation only” services without assessment and plain language editing in English.
- DO NOT send any patient protected health information (PHI).
- We provide plain language services for health information only.
- If you experience technical difficulties, please contact the Center for Health Literacy at email@example.com or (501) 686-5463.